Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Goodbye to the Paci

For the last couple of weeks we have been talking to Taylor about giving her pacifiers to Emma our Goddaughter.  We have been telling her that she is a big girl and only babies need pacifiers. She only uses them at nap time or when she goes to bed but we need to get rid of them. It worked out perfect because Trinity, Emma's older sister was having a birthday party on Sunday the 18th. So for the entire week before we talked over and over again about giving them to Emma. I put all the pacifiers I could find in a little baggie and that night before we left Taylor gave each one a kiss and hug. She put each one in her mouth and then gave them to Emma. It was really cute because Emma doesn't use pacifiers but she went right ahead and began chewing on one of them. It was perfect. I told her " See Emma needs them" and that was that. On the ride home she asked for them a couple times but Clint and I reminded her that she gave them to Emma. It went better than I expected. She woke up a little earlier for the next couple of days but it wasn't too bad. I meant to get a picture of her saying goodbye to them but I wasn't able to. :-(


Here is the one picture I could find of her with her pacifier. No more paci's as of August the 18th ! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment